How we use your personal information:
2. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order for us to operate our business. This includes: processing it to enable us to buy, sell and advertise our products; carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; processing your online orders; creating your online profile; maintaining our own accounts and records; carrying out market research; providing marketing and other information, products or services to you that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, in accordance with the preferences you have expressed.
3. In addition, when you place an order through our website we engage reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions to handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. We share with them the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligations to keep your personal information private and are subject to stringent data security requirements.
4. Where you have expressly consented to such use, for example when you create an account with us, we may use information held about you, or permit selected third parties to use such information, to provide you with information about products, promotions and special offers which may be of interest to you as well as personalised communications and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Who we disclose your personal information to:
6. We may share your personal information to our employees and any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (and their employees), some of which may be based outside of the EEA. However, all such parties are subject to the Velvet Architect security policies and procedures and we ensure that appropriate security measures are in place. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
How long we keep your personal information:
How we protect your personal information:
8. We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site and any such transmission is at your own risk
Updating your personal information:
9. Subject to any relevant exemptions you are entitled to see the personal information we hold about you and to amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information.